The “Jefferson County Fun Time” coloring book highlights “kid stuff”
So much to do!
Even if you’re “just a kid,” feisty crabs, laughing seagulls, Mardi Gras beads and big ships are images youngest visitors will treasure from their visit to Port Arthur and the area.
Now a fun coloring/activity book can keep little road trippers busy all the way home.
Kathi Hughes, director of the Ben J. Rogers Regional Visitors Center, revealed the “Jefferson County Fun Time” coloring book in Commissioners Court, in celebration of National Travel and Tourism Week.
“This is a great way to start youngsters learning about our area with all the fun and exciting things to do in Jefferson County,” Hughes said.
Local artist Bill Anderson worked with Hughes and staff on local landmarks and details, such as a drawing of the Rainbow Bridge and beachy scenes that have us ready to play in the sand at Sea Rim State Park. Puzzles and ideas for area travel are also in the book. Port Arthur, Beaumont, Port Neches, Groves and Nederland are among cities represented.
Children who visit the Ben J. Rogers Regional Visitors Center will be able to pick up a copy along with a small pack of crayons. The center is at 5055 Interstate 10 South, Beaumont, Texas, 77705. For information, call 1-866-432-8951.
Here are some Things to Do in our area:
- Do the Cajun two-step at Larry’s French Market in Groves.
- Tour a windmill in Nederland.
- See Janis, Johnny and George at Museum of the Gulf Coast.
- Spot a spoonbill at Cattail Marsh.
- Kayak and canoe in our many waterways.
- Spice things up with TexJoy.
- Grab a fishing guide and reel in your supper.
- See a giant bamboo at the Buu Mon Buddhist Temple.
- Gaze a gator at Gator Country.
- Watch some wildlife at Sea Rim State Park.
- Cast a line in Sabine Lake.
- Discover Tugboat Island with your little ones.
- Follow our faith trail.