Keep Pleasure Island Beautiful. And FISH!
The Saltwater Anglers League of Texas will host the second Pleasure Island North Levee Fishing Contest and Clean-Up – a FREE family event – on May 18, 2019.
Enjoy the beautiful island, pitch in to keep it clean, and fish.
The first rule of the contest is “love to fish” and the second is to “have fun.”
Actual Rules: All TPWD rules apply. No boats. North levee fishing only. Fishing for speckled trout, redfish (slot limit) and flounder. Winners will be determined by heaviest fish in each category. Ties are broken by earliest check-in time. You may only win in one category.
- 7:00-11 a.m. – Fish from bank on North Levee Road of Sabine Lake. Get your trash bag and drawing tickets for door prizes and help beautify Pleasure Island.
- 11:30 a.m. – Weigh in at S.A.L.T. Club on the island at T.B. Ellison Parkway.
Food and Fun:
Links, soft drinks, door prizes and awards.
- Golden Pass LNG
- Jorgensen Marine
- Fraternal Order of Eagles
- Access Chemical
- First Response Urgent Care
- 5 Star Credit Union
- County Home & Outdoors
- Fish or Hunt
- Pct. 3 Commissioner Michael “Shane” Sinegal
- Cal Jones of Port Arthur City Council
- Sea Ranch Café and Port Arthur Convention and Visitors Bureau