Art, Books & Cool Gear
When you visit Museum of the Gulf Coast, you’ll can return the favor when Janis Joplin sings “take a little piece of my heart.” Get our hometown girl’s image on magnets, T-shirts and more.
Books and music about our area? You’ll want to shop this area of the museum’s gift shop, too.
Now you can also invest in some memorable works from artists with local ties. Monte Brickley’s piece depicting the Big Oak Club in Vinton, La. is sure to bring back memories, as does his “Breeze Inn, showing a hotel that operated in Sabine Pass.
“Saturday Night … Again” shows the club that got locals dancing. Listed in Louisiana’s Dancehall Registry, this was a legendary music venue known throughout Southeast Texas and Louisiana. It had a cult-like following. It’s been closed more than 30 years and images have been scarce, until now. Bring back the memories with an unframed print.
“Open . . . Again” With a salty and defiant spirit, the Breeze Inn was the only beacon on McFaddin beach between Sabine &High Island. It ultimately succumbed to Mother Nature and the ravages of decades . . . almost.
More than another nice picture, this Giclee Fine Art Print represents the latest in high resolution art reproduction technology. Printed on acid – free, heavy weight, high rag content paper with permanent inks, each is a visual solution truly worthy of its subject.
Goods at the Museum Gift Shop
- Brick from Janis Joplin’s home
- Woodstock shirts
- Colletti Olive Oil
- Robert Rauschenberg prints
- Port Arthur Centennial books
- Baby Possom stuffed animals
- Lighthouse collectables
- Texas souvenirs
Books with Local Ties at the Museum Gift Shop
- Danny The Deployer – Juanda Bryant
- Love Is In the Air – Terry Savoy Hadley
- Butch Goes to School – Terry Savoy Hadley
- The Change Agent – Damon West
- WAIT is a four letter Word – Stephanie Arceneaux
- The Liars’ Club – Mary Karr
- Cherry – Mary Karr
- Love Janis – Laura Joplin
- Son of Bum – Wade Phillips
- Middle School Rules – Jamaal Charles
- Standing Tall – Kevin Everett
- The 7 Secrets of the Silver Shoes – Little Joe Washington
- Coach, Cowboy, Christian – Bum Phillips
- Sunrise over Keith Lake – Jim LaBove