- This event has passed.
Mardi Gras of Southeast Texas
March 1, 2019 @ 5:00 pmFee
Mardi Gras of Southeast Texas is what we wait for all year!
Catch beads at lighted parades. This year DeAndre Nico, the Port Arthur singer whose spiritual voice wowed fans of “The Voice,” will perform at Mardi Gras of Southeast Texas. NFL running back Jamaal Charles will serve as the grand marshal of the Total Krewe of Aurora Grand Parade. Both of these events are Saturday. Read below for Friday’s schedule.
Color Me Carnival is the 2019 theme of the festival that will color Port Arthur purple, gold and green Feb. 28-March 3 in downtown Port Arthur. A new zydeco stage will bring more performances to the festival weekend where the good times roll. The Woodland String Band mummers from Philadelphia will return to the festival.
Parade schedule for Friday, March 1:
- 7 p.m. – Golf Cart and ATV Parade
- 7 p.m. – Valero Krewe of Krewes parade will begin at Rosehill and the Seawall and proceed through festival gates
Entertainment Schedule for Friday, March 1:
- 7 p.m. – Mike and the Moon Pies
- 10:30 p.m. – Koe Wetzel
- 7 p.m. – Gerard Delafose & The Zydeco Gators
- 10:30 p.m. – Keyun & the Zydeco Masters
- Noon – The Joint Venture Band
- 4 p.m. The Mix
- 6:30 p.m. – Larry Tillery Band
Museum of the Gulf Coast will be one of the entry points for the festival. Go online for tickets are call (409) 721-8717.