- This event has passed.
Mardi Gras of Southeast Texas
March 3, 2019 @ 11:00 am - 7:00 pmFee
Mardi Gras of Southeast Texas in Port Arthur is a family festivity with all the pageantry this holiday affords. Color Me Carnival is the 2019 theme of the festival that will color Port Arthur purple, gold and green Feb. 28-March 3 in downtown Port Arthur. A new zydeco stage will bring more performances to the festival weekend where the good times roll.
Lighted night parades, elaborate costumes, Texas Country, Zydeco Cajun and Latino performers, a state fair quality carnival, vendors and street food make this family event an anticipated time in Port Arthur. Join in and catch some beads.
Come to Mardi Gras of Southeast Texas to enjoy Cajun food and experience a Mardi Gras parade!
Sunday, March 3
- 2 p.m. – Umbrella Brigade Parade, inside gates
- 3 p.m. – Munchkin Parade, inside gates
- 4 p.m. – Motor Parade from Rosehill/Seawall to Houston Avenue
Entertainment Schedule for Sunday, March 3
- 3 p.m. – Relampaguitos
- 4 p.m. – Varonil
- 6 p.m. – Grupo Control
This 2019 Mardi Gras features a new zydeco stage:
- 3:30 p.m. – Bryan Keith & Zydeco Legacy
- 6:30 p.m. – Keyun & the Zydeco Masters
- Noon – The Joint Venture Band
- 4 p.m. – The Mix
- 6:30 p.m. – Larry Tillery Band
Museum of the Gulf Coast will be one of the entry points for the festival. For tickets, call (409) 721-8717.