Carnival rides, music of all genres, a barbecue cookout and vendors will be part of the inaugural SpringFest, April 14-16 at People’s Park, 500 Main Street in downtown Port Arthur.
People’s Park in downtown Port Arthur is looking dressed up for spring with updates including a water feature and a sculpture that produces harp music when a breeze arrives. There is no charge to attend SpringFest. Bring the family out for music and fun. Here’s the schedule:
Friday, April 14
- Noon to 10 p.m. – carnival rides and food.
- 8 p.m. – movie: “Hidden Figures.”
Saturday, April 15
- 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. – music of all genres at pavilion, carnival rides, barbecue cookout, vendors
- 11 a.m. – Greater True Vine Praise Dancers
- 11:45 a.m. – Soloist Tevin Richardson
- 12:30 p.m. – Couples Love, the Queens
- 1 p.m. – Salt of the Earth, gospel recording artists
- 2:30 p.m. – Grupo Fuego Dedios, Fire of God
- 3:15 p.m. – Golden Foxes line dancers
- 4:45 p.m. – Brisco Lake Jazz Band
Sunday, April 16
- 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. – carnival rides and foodWhile you’re in Port Arthur, be sure to enjoy the outdoors at Pleasure Island and Sea Rim State Park, stop by the Museum of the Gulf Coast and be inspired with visits to Our Lady of Guadalupe Shrine, Queen of Peace shrine and gardens at Buu Mon Buddhist Temple.