Day and night parading is just part of the Mardi Gras of Southeast Texas plan. Safari Pardi is the theme, along with having as much fun as you can at this family affair in downtown Port Arthur, from Feb. 12-15 of 2015.
Here’s a list of parades this season. Everyone is invited to view parades and attend the festival. Keep watching the schedule at visit mardigras.portarthur.com or call the Mardi Gras office at 409-721-8717.
Thursday, Feb. 12
Gates open at 5 p.m. and close at 10 p.m.
- 6 p.m. – Lamar State College Port Arthur Parade, to begin at Carl Parker Center, Lakeshore DriveFriday, Feb. 13
- Gates open at 6 p.m. and close at 1 a.m.
- 7 p.m. – Golf Cart and ATV Parade
- 7 p.m. – Valero Krewe of Krewes Parade, from Sea Wall to Procter, ending at Houston Avenue.
- Saturday, Feb. 14
- 2 p.m. – Gumbo cookoff sampling begins, inside grounds
- 2 p.m. – Krewes Royalty March, inside grounds
- 5:30 p.m. – Motorcycle Showcase Parade, from Sea Wall to Procter, ending at Houston Avenue
- 6 p.m. – Total Krewe of Aurora Grand Parade, from Sea Wall to Procter, ending at Houston AvenueGates open at 1 p.m. and close at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 15
- 2 p.m. – Umbrella Brigade parade, inside grounds
- 3 p.m. – Munchkin Parade, inside grounds
- 4 p.m. – Motor Parade, from from Sea Wall to Procter, ending at Houston Avenue