For 49 years Fiesta, which commemorates Mexico’s Independence from Spain, has kept the Mexican culture alive in Southeast Texas by sharing the beauty and history of Mexican heritage at this much-anticipated event, which has been rescheduled after Harvey.
- Noon – doors open: opening ceremonies, welcome, America’s National Anthem, Mexico’s National Anthem, guest speakers
- 12: 20 p.m. – Children’s costume contest
- 1:15 p.m. – Pageants: Miss Preciosa, Tiny Miss, Jr. Miss, Mr. Jovencito, Little Miss, Miss Mexican Heritage
- 3:30 p.m. – Mexican Heritage Society’s Folkloric Dancers, directed by Maestro Jose Sada
- 5 p.m. –Royalty parade
- 7-10 p.m. – Baile with music by Kumbion Zelecta
Lawn chairs are welcome. No drinks, coolers, food, etc. may be brought to the event. For more information, visit the Facebook page Mexican Heritage Society of Port Arthur Texax.